Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wet Cold Labor Day Weekend

I must say it is hard to back in the office this week, but I can say I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday I hung out with my brother, sister-in-law and niece and went to Swiss Days up in Midway, Utah. It was typical art/crafts fair with a Swiss twist since they settled Midway. We burned a better part of the day up there, my neck and my legs, but it was fun to break away and be busy.

Sunday was a typical day, but in the evening a fun thunder storm moved in with a cold front. Thunder storms are rare here in Utah, so I shut off all the lights and opened all the windows and just listened to the thunder, watched the lighting and breathed in the clean air. It was very relaxing.

For the past five or six years, my brother Glenn has planned with some of his friends a Memorial Day golf scramble. When I woke up I thought we were doomed, but as we drove up the canyon to the golf course everything was clear (down in the valley it was over cast with some dark clouds north of us). We drew tees and made our teams and set out. For each hole we reached the dark clouds descended on us – making threats with crackling thunder in the distance. We persisted and by the 8th hole it started to sprinkle. Glenn pulled out his rain cover for the golf cart and as everyone huddled under trees, we sat in our dry golf cart. I felt bad and ended up standing outside with everyone else. After a while the rain didn’t let up, we all made a mad dash back to the club house. Everyone started ordering food and relaxing until it cleared then news came – it had been raining for over an hour in the valley and the golf pro told us it would be three hours until it cleared. So – we packed up and headed back down to the valley. I changed into some dry clothes and then headed over to Glenn’s to eat lunch and watch a movie and relax.

All in all – it was a very fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend. I hope you all had safe and fun weekends and until next time.

Cheers, Ian

No comments: