Monday, September 29, 2008

This was no cake walk!






Well some of you may not know, but I enjoy baking. My friends little girl was having a Princess Barbie party, so I told them I'd bake the cake. This cake ended up taking me about six hours to do and I thought I'd have it done in about three. Who was I kidding! My friends little girl just stared at the cake and even though I thought it was horrible, she loved it and that's all that matters really. She's six and I don't think she noticed all the mistakes like the top cake tier is uneven because the cake didn't release from the pan and that on the drive over (these pictures were taken after I got done) some of the towers fell off! It was good cake though I must say, but I don't think I'll be making this cake for a while!

7 comments:

Edwards Family said...

Ian that's amazing!!! I didn't know you could do that!!

Adam Smith said...

WOW! Incredible! You could make a lot of money with that talent.

Shane and Dorothy said...

Ian that is awesome!! I know my daughter would flip for a castle cake, she is such a princess. Despite what you think, your baking skills rock!!

Tarrant Talk said...

Holy Crap Ian!!! That cake is amazing! I didn't know you could do that. This is one impressed sister-in-law.

Gwen Dobson said...

Dear Lord Ian! You are in the wrong industry my friend! That is absolutely incredible!

jerusharen said...

I must agree, your cake is amazing. It reminds me of Charm City Cakes.

Angella said...

That's pretty impressive. Way to go! Can you come out here and make me a birthday cake???