Sunday, December 21, 2008

New Job, New House, New Town, New Ward

Hey everyone - the past many weeks have been busy looking for work and I've not been blogging.  In any event I wanted to say we've moved to Alpine, Wyoming (about thirty minutes from Jackson Hole) and love it.  We're still getting used to the -13F days and snow, snow and more snow.  Our little town (population 550) is growing on us.  We're living less than 1/4 mile from the convergence of the Grey's, Snake and Salt Rivers all of which empties in the Palisades Reservoir (looking forward to fishing this summer).  We are surrounded by beautiful mountains with snow capped peaks and our backyard is only yards away from the national forrest.  We do, however; feel a little out of place.  We are (I'm almost sure of it) the only people in town without at least one four wheeler and snowmobile (snowmachine as they call it up here), but maybe in a year or two we'll have some toys.  So - come one and come all - the door is open and we'd love to have some visitors.  

So - if we don't speak, or see you in person before Christmas - Merry Christmas and have a happy and safe New Year.    

5 comments:

Kimberly and Aaron said...

Dude...I'm so excited for you guys! I hope we can come and visit sometime. I LOVE snowmobiling...almost to the point of addiction - minus the fact that I don't technically have one. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Since I'm totally slack, I didn't write a Christmas letter, but you better believe a New Year's letter is in the works. Talk to you soon!

AMIT said...

Good and Happy New Year.
BPO work from home

Adam Smith said...

We were just up in that area this last summer! Love it too!

Angella said...

Congrats! I'll look forward to hearing how everything is going once you get settled in. Happy new Year!

Hubler Holler said...

Can't wait to come and visit. We're really happy for the both of you. Be sure to post some new pics. Love you~Sis